Ok, so, these are ideas for changing my life, but I want to know what changes you’re looking to make, too. Add them in the comments! Though these aren’t all ‘marriage’ changes, I think all of them will benefit my marriage in some way.
Changes I want to make / Things I want to do:
- Kiss and hug my husband every day.
- Stay calm, particularly if we start to argue.
- Walk away from a less-than-calm argument, instead of becoming an emotional trainwreck.
- Spend 15 minutes a day talking….work, kids, schedules, our relationship, and chores are off-limit topics. It’ll be interesting to see what we talk about.. I feel like all we talk about sometimes are these topics.
- Put up more pictures of us around the house.
- Discuss (and write down and post somewhere) our 2 year goal, 5 year goal, 15 year goal, and retirement goals.
- Have more sex (we’re tired parents of a 7 year old and 15 month old!) I read that the average is 1.5 times a week, so we’re already ahead of the curve, but I’d prefer more if I could actually stay awake!
- Encourage my husband to get out a little more. He works long days at work, and though we make time for our ‘couple friends,’ he doesn’t get out much for a guy’s evening. I’m thankful for the time he is at home, but wondering if he’d be a little happier if he got out every now and then.
- Be more positive and less negative. I tend to see the negative side of everything. I’m a realist!
- Expand our circle of happy ‘couple’ friends.
- Have more ‘active’ dates with my husband. We LOVE dining out, but I’d like to try something a little more involved and active. (Any suggestions?)
Any other ideas? What are some things you’d like to change, or even do every day?