The first one just went out:
- 11:00am Reason #1 why I love you: You make me feel like THE most important person in the world.
- 11:30am Reason #2 why I love you: You are such an amazing dad! The way you interact with our son just makes me completely melt! You’re amazing with him, and I am so happy we had a baby together!
- 11:42 IM from husband: That’s so sweet! I love it! I have to run to a meeting but will keep checking on my phone!
- 12:02pm Reason #3 why I love you: Because we have ‘fun’ together. (Email accompanied by a sort of NSFW picture!)
- 12:20 email from husband saying he loved the picture.
- 12:30 Reason #4 why I love you: you’re really smart! I love talking with you about politics or Washington or books or whatever. You always make me think!!
- 1:25pm Reasons #5 and #6 why I love you: You give me little kisses on the neck when we’re snuggling in bed.
You work so very very hard for me and the kids!
- 2:00pm Reason #7 why I love you: Because you really take my needs seriously. Thank you for making me the most important woman in your life. It has made me infinitely more comfortable with us, our intimacy, and how much I trust you.
- 2:40pm Reason #8 why I love you: You are HOT!
- 3:10pm Reason #9 why I love you: I love you (a lot) because you’ve tried really really hard to be more patient and not lose your temper. A happy husband is a happy wife!
- 3:30pm Reason #10 why I love you: You never deny me the Guac!!!!!!! (He makes me guacamole whenever I want it, on a whim.) Ok seriously, reason #10 is because you hold my hand in public and I think it’s the sweetest thing.
- 4:00pm Reason #11 why I love you: I love you because you are brave and you make me feel safe. Except last night when you jumped out at me in the dark as a joke and I almost punched you in the face. 🙂
Update: This went really well! My husband thought it was sweet. I’d caution against doing something like this very often if he’s working, but we had a fun time with this.